Friday, April 30, 2010

Somewhat Normal?

Yeah, this post is about me...again!

So on Tuesday I underwent the drill to the tooth. Yep sure enough, it was dead and abscessed. The Dentist was stymied and I was stymied as to how a tooth with no problems just ups and dies, causing so much misery and discomfort. Now for the horrific part, because I was so swollen, and so infected, the dentist could not numb me. How is that possible I ask you? Human, Human tissue, NOVOCAINE, should equal numb! Apparently, when you are so swollen and infected, you can't really get numb, so the Dentist just drilled away.

She's no dummy this Dentist of mine. She knows I can not tolerate an iota of pain and forewarned me of the impending drilling with no NOVOCAINE. I hunkered down in the chair, grabbed the arm rests and held on for dear life. And guess what? That Dentist with all her schooling and knowledge was right! I almost didn't feel a thing. There was still some discomfort cause the ligaments and gum tissue were so inflamed, but no blood curdling scream escaped my lips while she drilled.

And now here I sit, returned home from a trip to Chicago, down to my last antibiotics, and no pain medication since Tuesday morning when I woke up! Again I reiterate the title of this post - I'm somewhat normal?! Yes, we all know what that means, especially when we reference me, myself, and I!

Now Princess and I are in for the night, we're having some leftovers and planning the menu for Saturday and Sunday. We've got some movies to watch, "It's Complicated" and "The Young Victoria". Yep, this weekend it's a chick flick happenin' place at the old homestead. Hope you're all doing well.

J

3 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

Way to go! Hope your weekend goes smoothly!

Kim and DeAnn said...

Looking forward to the "after" pix. Glad it went well.

Janadt.Huggins said...

Way to tolerate pain Jim. Couldn't be prouder. Glad your on the up and up.