Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tranquility

The house is empty!  Gone are Momma, Poppa, and the four extra dachshunds that have populated our humble abode for the past 9 plus weeks.  They left early this morning.  Van loaded to capacity with every treasure they've purchased during that time, and the four pups.


Both Princess and I got up early, showered, dressed, and were ready to have morning prayer with them before they left.  We all laughed and we hugged.  We checked bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen for anything left behind.  We said our "I love yous", and we watched as they drove down the driveway and into the early morning light.  About now they should be somewhere in New Mexico, exhausted from a day of driving, looking forward to a good dinner and a well deserved rest.  They're good folks my outlaws and we're going to miss having them here with us.


I worked from home today.  The quiet in the house was uncanny.  It's always good to have company come and visit and it's always good to see them go, but always with a pang of sadness that we won't hear the laughter and the jokes, the happy times and the frustrating times.


I've been a bit blue the last week or so.  Missing my Mom.  I remember last year right after Easter and the ads start coming out for Mother's Day, makes my heart yearn to hear her voice and to tell her I love her.  So grab your kids, hug them, kiss them, tell them you love them, don't let a single moment to do so pass you by.


J

No comments: