Sunday, April 25, 2010

Talk About Luck

This past week I was at our corporate offices in NJ for meetings, my meetings.  This happens once every six months with my group and another group for strategy purposes.


The meetings went well.  Everyone from both teams presented and we even worked through a crisis that happened while we were together.  All week long, I was feeling tender on my upper left jaw.  I dismissed it saying to myself "Oh you're just stressed and you're grinding".  This went on all week long, and Friday morning came for me to leave NJ and I knew something was wrong - teeth related.  See, I inherited allergies and teeth from my Mother.  The allergies I've dealt with all my life and I'm currently undergoing allergy treatments on a monthly basis to build up my immunity.  


I have also dealt with my teeth all my life and I'm usually much better at realizing that I have one dying...not this time.  By the time I got home on Friday and arrived at the Dentist office the only thing they could do was take X-Rays, give me some pain medication, and give me some antibiotics.


Then on Saturday, at 2:00 AM I woke Princess up to this!




Yes, that is me in all my glory, check out the left side of my face!




Another shot!  Look at that lip!  I'm tellin you I was in pain!




Almost looks like Princess took her cast iron skillet to my head!



And at 10:00 AM just before going to get the tooth drilled so it can drain!

So now, I've had the tooth (#11 as Princess and the Doc call it - for you and me it is my left canine) draining in my mouth for about 24 hours (and they did this without any anesthesia)!  Princess has irrigated it with a warm bleach solution, and the swelling has gone down to about half of what you see in the photos!

Good Grief!  I'm just lucky I have a DSW who works for a Dentist that would come in on a Saturday and drill into my head.  So for now, it's take a pain pill and wait until I'm unconscious, then eat something, then sleep!  Tuesday I've got an appointment to do a root canal on the tooth!  Yippee!

J

5 comments:

Sarah said...

OUch! I'm feeling for you. When I have a dental issue it makes me think on the 19th century, and the horrors those people must have suffered. I'm so, so grateful for modern dentistry.Good luck on the root canal. Bring your ipod (create a soothing play list).

Anonymous said...

Oh Jim , I know how bad you must feel by just looking at your photos, But, I couldn't help but laugh - you look almost as bad as Nick Nolte's mugshot.You look like one of those little squirrels in your back yard gathering up nuts. Take care of yourself - We love you
Mom & Dad

Stamp With Linz said...

My goodness! I hope you feel better today!

Kim and DeAnn said...

OUCH, hurts just to see! SO sorry for the toothache mess. Hope you are on the mend by now. Some day we will have to tell you Kim's dentist story, scared me so bad, I am 12 months overdue for a check up SHAME SHAME. Hi to Melanie, and you are fortunate for her knowledge and skill!

Jeanette said...

Yikes. What an adventure. Glad things are doing better.