Friday, December 05, 2008

Turkey Day

We had a really great Thanksgiving.  Lynn was here from Michigan, we had some cool weather blow in and we kept everything pretty laid back.

The Flowers that Bill and Linda sent

Princess and Lynn working hard in the kitchen - notice the smiles - I told you laid back!

The table fully loaded with turkey, potatoes, gravy, cream corn, jell-o, asparagus casserole, green bean casserole, sweet potato souffle, rolls, and sparkling white grape juice - in my opinion, the gravy was the bomb!

Princess using the china, and the place cards that she made using her FABULOUS Stampin Up skills!  Totally adorable.

And for some reason, I could not get the table set without the food as the first picture.  All in all, we had and have a lot to be thankful for.  Freedom.  Jobs.  Health.  Friendship.  Families (both blood and adopted).  The Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Being with Loved Ones.

This was the first Thanksgiving without Mom.  Princess made a comment on Sunday after, and said how proud she was of me during the holiday and how worried she was of me.  I love this woman.  She rocks.  I thought of Mom.  Happy thoughts of Mom.  Made me smile, and made me laugh, tears came to my eyes, but I was able to keep them there.

We are now debating driving home for Christmas.  It is such a long drive, 1350 miles, 24 hours long, and even though gas has come down, it is still a bit of a burden.  We'll see though, it would be nice to be home with Dad, Bill, Linda and the rest of the family.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures (Lynn - you need to get a camera!).

Jim

No comments: