Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Kitchen Update

I tried to post this yesterday, but experienced some "Blogger Problems". So here is the Kitchen update (the pictures are not in the correct order - I have to remember to upload them backwards to tell the story).

Here I am "mudding" the torn drywall spots


Here I am scrapping the last of the wallpaper off the Kitchen light.

Here I am soaking the wallpaper above the cupboards.

Here I am scoring the wallpaper above the cupboards.

With all the wallpaper off the walls, the torn spots repaired, Princess (who became the event photographer which is why she is missing from all the photos) and I cleaned all the crown molding, chair rails and baseboards removing all the fabric softener residue. We both smelled "mountain fresh" as the package stated. We cleaned up all the "stuff" from the cupboards, and invited friends to come over and shop through the tins, plants, and dispensers that had been on top of the cupboards. I am happy to report, we got rid of, er were happy to share quite a few of these items with friends.

We've gotten a verbal quote and are waiting for a written quote to texture the wall. We hope to have it textured by next week, then the painting can begin. Yee-HAW! We're excited about the fact that the walls are going to be whole again, something that hasn't been there for quite a while.

Once this project is completed, we're going to remove the wallpaper from the entry way and the Master bath - maybe even the guest bath as well. We'll see how that goes. As it warms up, we're going to clean the house trim, prep it and then paint it. I'm just a little excited about all these "little" projects!

2 comments:

Bert said...

You are for sure your moms child!! But I think mom would texture the walls herself. Have fun with your projects and I will try to blog some photos of Natalie Hope!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a home improvement project to keep you busy! It's always a great feeling when you finally finish a project you have been wanting to complete. The room and crown molding look very nice and clean.

-Timothy