Friday, December 05, 2008

Prepping


The Price household is busy prepping for Christmas.  I was in California all week, came home to Thanksgiving still up and decorated, got up and was at work by 6:15 this morning and reminded Princess we had a lot to do to get ready for Christmas.  

Princess brought me lunch at work, and then bee lined it home to get surprise me.  This is what I walked into after work today.

She had hung all the garland and bows by herself.  No easy feat by yourself, but she was speaking to Cori on the phone the whole time!

This is a close up of the tree skirt around our tree.  My Mom made it for us for our first Christmas.  The skirt is all hand quilted and tied with variegated yarn.  The little white blocks are Aida cloth that Mom cross stitched 16 of Princesses favorite Precious Moments figurines on and then quilted them into the design.  That little couple is in a gift box and the wording says "First Christmas together 1987".  When I think of the hours that Mom spent cross stitching those designs just for Princess, my heart is truly full from the love that she gave.

And lastly, here is the tree.  It is an artificial green tree that has been "flocked" with snow.  We have had it for 14 years - a true bargain from the day after Christmas sale at Ralph Jones Display in Vegas.  It is time for a new one - I just have to figure out how to buy one without breaking the bank!  Princesses family always had a white tree with multi colored lights.  This has been our tradition for the past 21+ years.  We're working on this right now, and hopefully, I'll have some pictures to post of the "finished" room tomorrow.

Jim

1 comment:

Christina Price said...

AWESOME!! I love it! I got a terrific surprise. I'll blog about it either today or tomorrow!! Can't wait to see the finished product of your holiday decorating