Saturday, April 08, 2006

What Weekend?

My whole life, my Mother taught me that "Saturday was the day we got ready for Sunday". Well now that I am on the downhill side of life (having past the age of 40), I would really like to know what happened to lazy or semi-lazy weekends.

We got up this morning and it was quite cool. A cold front had moved into Central Texas and it was about 47 F outside!! Still we slept with the windows open and the house temp was about 61F. Came and checked e-mails and then heard the familiar Saturday morning buzz...Lawnmowers and edgers. Drat! So, I put on my yard gear, an old pair of shorts, t-shirt and shoes, got out the mower, gas can, and edger and began my duty. The backyard went very quickly. Then I did the front and edged. All in all about 50 minutes of work...cause I like to put a pattern in the lawn, not always mowing in the same direction.

Came in showered, gave Sadie and Sasha their treats, and Princess and I dashed off to start what she calls "errands". First to Chik-Fil-A for some nourishment...mmm I love their strips and lemonade. Then shopping for trees for the front and back yard. Doom and Gloom, more work for yours truly. Then to Target (Tar-jay) to pick up the sundry items, then to the Grocery store. See what I mean - where's the weekend.

Came home, unloaded the car (sans trees - those'll come next week) and went to work on my Primary lesson for tomorrow. Now it's 4:30 CDT and in about an hour we're off to a barbque and games. Sunday will be three hours in Church, home to a small lunch and then Princess will make dinner - cap off the evening with Extreme Home Makeover, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy (our favorite shows)

AGAIN - Where's my Weekend - I know, I know...I'll have some Brie to go with my Whine!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sadly you didn't even get Grey's Anatomy or Desperate Housewives to perk up your weekend...my condolences!