Monday, April 17, 2006

Long Time

I've been slacking recently with the travel my job puts me through. I promise to get better and to make even small posts when they happen.

So last weekend was Easter. Princess and I had the luxury of driving from Waco to Houston to meet up with ex-Wacoans that are now back to being Houstonians. We got to Houston around 8:00 PM Friday night, met up with Sarah and Sterling and then went to get a bite to eat at Pei Wei - you gotta love Pei Wei. We then stayed up visiting until after midnight without interruption from their lovely four children.

Saturday I was up at the crack of dawn and decided to go wash the bug guts off the front of the Murano. Went to the coin-op car wash down the street, washed for $5.00 worth, dried, came back and hit the day full force. Sarah's girls needed new shoes to go with their Easter outfits and I went along for the ride while Sterling worked on building Sarah's new office furniture (the man can put me to shame with what he is able to do with wood - he's freakin awesome). Then to Target (tarjay - say it with a French accent) then to Kroger, then home, then to Disney's new movies The Wild, then coloring Easter eggs (my fingers are still blue-green), and then a little quality time for the adults...DINNER AT MAGGIANOS!!! This was our first time and I swear I gained ten pounds from that one meal. Doggone it was great!

Sunday was a great family breakfast, then rush to get to Church - oh yeah, the egg hunt in the grass which was pretty wet for the kids - then Church which was great, back home to finish the touches on the Dinner. Sarah's parents and her sister's family came and we had a great time. It was sad for us to go, but we clocked the trip home in miles and hours...only 166.5 miles one way and 2.5 hours with an average speed of 70 mph (gotta love the gadgets they put on them cars nowadays).

Today was back to the daily grind, but with the wonderful task I looked forward to all day...creating a new post.

I've added a link to Sarah's blog - check it out - she's so dang good and crafty I will never measure up.

Jim

No comments: