Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Home Again

Today was a bit uneventful. I traveled back to Waco from Orange County, California. A long travel day by any standards, at the airport at 7:00 AM California time and arrived home at 5:00 PM Texas time with a two hour time difference sandwiched in there.

I am usually quite talkative on airplane rides, but the gentleman seated beside me (oh I forgot to mention that I had gotten an upgrade to first class) was definitely not a talker. Nothing more than Good Morning, and then a nod when I had to ask to get up and use the restroom. So, with nothing more than the Sky Mall magazine, I got out the laptop to do some work, and lo and behold, I had unplugged it from charging all night, but forgot to turn it off and the battery was dead...No work, no movie, nada, zip, bupkiss. So I pulled out the USA Today, read, ate Special K cereal (yum) and then snoozed.

Landed in Houston - had my 55 minute layover, boarded the lovely turboprop airplane to Waco, put in the earphones for my ipod, turned it on shuffle and slept all the way to Waco. Went by the Dentist office where Princess works, waited for her and then we headed off to Taco Bueno for our culinary dinner date.

Came home, unpacked my small overnight bag and then I surprised Princess. If you'll remember my earlier post, I was giving my better half a hard time about eating In-N-Out Burger while in sunny Cal. I told her to come into the bedroom and I would give her the ketchup packet I brought her home...to her surprise....(tension building) I brought her a new In-N-Out T-shirt!!! See, I'm not a total jerk!

Tomorrow it is back to the office/plant lot's of work to do and catch up on, so, "good night and good luck"

Jim

No comments: