Saturday, April 22, 2006

Friday...a day late

So it's only 7:30 in the morning, I'm the only one up. Princess and the girls are still in bed. Yesterday I got to the plant and all was going fine. I went to the men's room and while indisposed, my cell rang. Now I hate answering the cell phone in the b-room (and it annoys the heck out of me when other people do it). So I go to silence it and instead I hang up on the caller...oops. While still indisposed, the dang thing rings again! This time I silence the ringer and the call goes to voice mail. I finish being indisposed, get the message and call the person back. Seems we were having a problem with some incoming material at a warehouse in Dallas. Long story short, about mid-day, I end up going to Dallas to do an investigation. I ran home to put on some better clothing (it is after all Spring in Texas and I have to wear a uniform at work...so shorts and t-shirts are about the norm).

Princess and I arrive in Dallas. I meet with the warehouse manager, we investigate, come to an agreement on what to do, I call my boss and the previous person and give them the 411. It is now about 3:30 in the afternoon. Both Princess and I are hungry so we leave the warehouse and head out to North Park Mall for some sustenance. This mall was featured a few years back in a Richard Gere movie called "Dr T. and His Women". The mall is upscale and has gone through an extensive add on. We walked, went into a few of the stores, Princess shopped, I lugged bags (my normal routine when at the mall...pack mule). We forgot to eat! Princess is undergoing analysis by our family Doc for Diabetes and this is not good.

We decide to head to Costco on our way home and proceed to do the inevitable at 5:00 PM...get on the biggest parking lot in the world...the freeway. Sooo an hour later we are hitting the 360 and it too is a parking lot. Princess looks over to our left and sees a Dillards' Clearance Center store. We exit...go to the store and 45 minutes and $66.00 later we exit, me with two new pairs of shorts, a new swimsuit, and a tie. Princess with 4 tops (2 for her Mom), and a cute red/maroon sweater top...not bad I say (we will definitely be going back.

On to Costco - mad dash through the store to get our list...on to buy ice for the ice chest...then Dinner at Cheddar's (love that place)...then arrive at home at 10:30 PM...which is why this post is now on being written todya, Saturday.

Jim

No comments: