Saturday, April 29, 2006

Jonesboro to Memphis

Today being Tuesday, my co-worker and I did audit our supplier and even though this morning it was raining huge...and I mean HUGE, drops of rain, about mid-day the sun poked through the clouds and began to dry us out.

Our supplier took us out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant called El Acapulco in Jonesboro. Great food...and from a fat man I really mean great food. I even ordered my food, my co-workers food and one of the suppliers sitting at our end of the table's food in Spanish. I surprised the heck out of our waitress who was from Northern Mexico. Really good Mexican food. Better than Tex-Mex that everyone in Waco is accustomed to.

We finished the audit around 4:30 PM and headed back to Memphis. We stopped at Wal-Mart so that my co-worker could purchase the DVD Walk the Line and I decided to purchase the soundtrack as I had another leg of my odyssey before the week was up. We popped the soundtrack into the CD player and away we went.

Got back to Memphis, ate dinner, and settled in for the night...ANOTHER night of thunderstorms, lightening, rain and now Tornado WATCHES, not warnings. My co-worker was so worried about me that he called me twice to make sure that I was all right. He's a tad bit older from Tennessee and talks r e a l s l o o w w! But he is a great guy and a joy to work with. I just usually find myself answering a lot of my own questions...and he tolerates it.

Tomorrow is a flight to Lubbock, TX, then drive 3 hours to Roswell, New Mexico for another audit. OOH Roswell...Aliens...Spaceships...HAH! Can't wait.

No comments: