Friday, June 20, 2008

Update

Mom made it through the night, and all day yesterday. Her GP said that she is not giving up on Mom. Her surgeon has said (through tears) that there is nothing more she can do for Mom and that it is in the Lord's hands (Yep, a Doctor who has faith, not just in medicine). I'm still waiting for an update from her Oncologist.

Mom is in a lot of pain, on a morphine pump, and IVs to keep her hydrated. The GP said this was "just" a very bad intestinal blockage (about the umpteenth one she has had since they determined her small intestine was full of tumors and surgery is not an option) and caused the septicemia and fever along with other things.

I appreciate all of you who have kept Mom and Us in your prayers. Thank you so much. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us, and sometimes the "endure to the end" part is difficult to swallow. Mom is a strong woman, a fighter, and full of faith. Whatever the outcome, I know that her health, her life, are in the Lord's hands.

Again thanks - and I'll update when I know more.
Jim

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Jim, I am so sorry for this difficulty for you. Everyone loves their mom and always wants her around. I too believe she and you are in God's hands and that all will be well in His time frame. Love and prayers to you all. JCV