Friday, June 20, 2008

Transition

Odd title I know, but many of you Mormon readers will understand. All medical attention to prolong my Mother's life has ceased. Mom has been moved to a Hospice facility. From my mortal perspective, this is a transition from this life to the next.


Mom and her Doctors made the decision to end any and all therapy that would fight the infection and cancer in he body. This was done late Thursday night. Since then, I have had one small conversation with Mom, relaying my love for her, and thanking her for being my Mom, for teaching me right from wrong, for teaching me about the restored Gospel, and for encouraging me to go on a mission to proclaim the Gospel.


Today, she could hardly speak at all. Christy and Bert have relayed that Mom's oxygen content is falling, and that her time here in this physical shell is ending. Dad is doing good - "a rock" as Christy put it. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have of the plan of salvation and that Mom will have peace and no more pain.
Here is a picture of Mom and Dad just before they were married, it gives me warmth just to know that I have these memories to give me "roses in December".
I love you Mom - Jimmy

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope all goes smoothly. We miss you.

Stamp With Linz said...

Thinking about you guys...and sending our love to Nevada!

Kari said...

Your mom has fought a good fight. Thanks for sharing her with us. We love you guys!

The Collingwood Family said...

Our prayers are with you!