Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ever Had...

one of those weeks where everything just whizzed by? I did. After the 4th of July, the following three days just blurred together. I covered for our plant for our QA Manager who was on vacation, so EVERYTHING fell on my shoulders. I managed, but I think that I will wait a while before wishing that I had his job.

Princess and I treated yesterday like the children's hymn: "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday". We cleaned, washed, vacuumed, dusted, mopped, mowed, weeded - I'm exhausted again just from writing it. We tried to re-arrange the furniture in the living room, but it didn't work the way we wanted, so it went back to the same configuration as before.

To rewared ourselves, we rented three movies, 2 of which we've watched this afternoon, "Rumor has It" - 3 Stars - quite funny in spots, but a little predictable, "Shopgirl" - 2.5 stars - a little slow and depressing, and "Ultraviolet" which we still haven't watched. I'll let you know how that goes. For dinner Saturday night, Princess pounded out two chicken breasts, grilled them, then put sauteed mushrooms, bacon and cheddar cheese on top - yuuummmy! To go with it, we had twice baked mashed potatos, and Cranberry jello salad. Really a sumptuous meal.

Church was really good today - I had 2 visitors to my Primary class and we were learning about Spriritual Exercise for Spiritual muscle to make right decisions. Our Scripture story was on Samson and Delilah. The kids really got into and it was good to see their eyes light up as they got into the story.

I never thought I would have a positive impact on these kids, but who knows - maybe I will be able to teach them something without ruining their lives.

I'm off to light the grill, we're having steaks, the twice baked mashed potatos, and the leftover jello salad, this is why I weigh so much - she keeps feeding me too well.

Jim

No comments: