Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Iowa and Mexico

So - It's been raining tooo much work for me here in Waco.

After Mother's day, I spent 3 very long days on the road in central Iowa and southwestern Minnesota. Pretty country I must say, especially with 800+ miles driven in the span of 48 hours. Then a couple of really long days to finish out the week and the next thing I knew it was Friday night, time for our friends daughter's 3rd Birthday and the my weekend began (who knew it was only going to be one day at the start of the week).

So I had Saturday to do the "honey-do's", which in my case are pretty much self inflicted - mowing, edging, washing and waxing Princesses Murano - she did help me dry and boy is that car spectacular when it is clean and shiny. Did laundry - ironed and packed to leave on Sunday to go to Puebla, Mexico for work. Had to miss the wonderful 55 mile drive from Waco to Killeen for Stake Conference, but sacrifices are also good for the soul! :-)

Puebla is the capital of...you got it, Puebla! Pretty confusing isn't it - but you gotta hand it to the fore fathers of Mexico...Puebla, Puebla, MX is not too hard to learn. Beautiful city Puebla and home to a gigantic...hugemongous Volkswagen factory. I met up with a co-worker from NJ and we spent two nights and one very busy day working with our supplier...a two hour drive from Puebla, but some breathtaking views as we descended mountains from Puebla into the state of Veracruz to get to our vendors.

Just got home at 5:00 PM CDST and will be back at the airport tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM to leave for a week and a half trip to western NJ. Boy I can really say it - I am tired. Well, gotta go and pack the two suitcases for the trip. I should have some adventures to detail by the end of the week.

No comments: