Saturday, May 13, 2006

For Linda

Happy Mother's Day Linda. Linda is Princesses Mother. I have a wonderful nickname that I have called Linda for the past few years..."old Woman". I know it doesn't seem very nice, but it came from a joke or a commercial and now when I call to talk to my other Mother, I say hello old woman and she answers back "hello old man".

Linda was born in Emery, UT, another of those well bred, hearty faithful Mormon stock. Linda's family moved from Emery when she was sixteen to the bustling Metropolis of Salt Lake City, UT. There, she graduated from high school, dated and broke hearts of a few of the fine fellas in SLC, eventually attending BYU in Provo. There she met Bill, they married and he went off to the University of Utah as he says "to get an education now that I got me a wife"! And boy did he make out in the deal.

Linda is the second of three children, but is the oldest as the first son passed away when only 2.5 months old. Linda's mom came from 12 children and she always desired to have a large family. Unfortunately, she was blessed with only two daughters, Princesses older sister, and Princess. Linda too has a unique birthday 10-31-41...she is called Wendy Witch by her family on her birthday.

Linda has been blessed with eight grandchildren who love and cherish her. Although all of these grandchildren come from Princesses older sister and none from us, Linda has, and continues to treat us with the same regard she holds for her other daughter.

I am thankful for Linda...not just cause she is Princesses Mom, cause she has been and is a great person and friend to me. Linda encourages me, chastises me when needed, and most of all, the thing she taught Princess, is to love unconditionally, like Christ has taught us to do and be for the past 2000+ years.

So Linda, thanks for being my other Mom, thanks for Princess, thanks for your principles, morals, ethics, sense of humor and your Love. You are cherished by us both...across the miles.

This is a photo from the day we left Las Vegas to moved to Central Texas...June 2001

No comments: