Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!


Today we celebrate that one day per calendar year to show Love, Gratitude and Kindness to the one who gave us life, cared for us, kissed boo-boo's, boosted our egos/esteem, and generarlly pushed us to succeed in life...MOM

In our hurried and busy lives, the second Sunday in May is our Mother's day (in reality Mom, we all know that the other 364 days per year we should be treating you like the Queen you really are and deserve) to be lavished upon, doted on, have breakfast in bed, and surprise with homemade cards, gifts, and of course flowers and candy.

To our Mother's I say thanks, Thanks, THANKS!

My Mother was born in Salina, UT, and spent her very early years in Antimony, UT. This is where she began to develop the caring traits that have stayed with her throughout her life. My Mother married at 16, began her motherhood about 10 months later and has never stopped caring for anyone in or out of our family. Mom is the third of four girls and has a distinct birthdate 2-3-45. Mom eventually earned her high school diploma through night school when I was in grade school. Mom had 6 children and in her lifetime nursed my oldest sister through terminal cancer, cared for her Mother when she was afflicted by a stroke, and cared for her Mother-in-law at the beginning of her battle with Alzhiemer's Disease.

Mom has always taught us to trust in Heavenly Father, Pray, read the Scriptures, and be diligent in our Church callings...doing everything in our power to serve with happiness and Love. Mom struggles with Ovarian Cancer (and has currently outlived docter's prognosis for the last 6 months) which at times debilitates her, but she keeps on fighting. I Love my Mother. I Love her strength. I Love her tenacity to deal with tough sitautions. And, I love even more being her son.

So Happy Mother's Day Mom...from one long distance son to his Mother who is always close in his heart.

No comments: