Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tonight's the Night

Yes sireee folks, tonight's the night for our annual Christmas Ornament Party. The preparations are well under way!

Yesterday was a quick trip to Austin for the Honeybaked Ham store, then to Costco, and back home by 1:00 PM. Then I weeded and turned all the front flower beds (my gluteus maximus is reminding me I'm out of shape right now). While I was working in the yard, Princess was prepping in the kitchen.

As of right now, the menu is:

Mini Chicken Cordon Bleu, Cranberry Meatballs, Cheese ball, Ham, Turkey, Rolls, and Veggies with Dip. Each guest couple is bringing a dessert to share, and we'll have some sparkling cranberry punch. Even more, Princess made CHEX mix! Me Likey!

I've cleaned the front entry way floors, done some laundry, cleaned the guest bathroom, and now I'm gonna go vacuum the house! We've got candles going and it smells great!

I love this Christmas time of year!

Jim

2 comments:

Kim and DeAnn said...

what time do we show up?

You didn't mention that you had to shovel the walks, ah the joys of winter. . .

Flying to Utah in pm, spending Tue on Temple Square with Moultons, Howells, and Robinsons.

We MISS your good food. But more, your great Christmas spirit in your home. ENJOY

Stamp With Linz said...

Loved the food as always!