Saturday, May 09, 2009

Time

Time, we mark it by counting hours and minutes, days and weeks, months and years. It's amazing to me how "fast" it really moves the older we become. Is this due to the fact that we don't pay attention to time as children or that we realize how important it is as we grow and become adults?

This past year I've been marking time with unique carefulness. First labor day, First Birthday, First Thanksgiving, First Christmas, First New Year's Day, First Anniversary, First Easter, and now First Mother's Day. All of these events I have recorded since Mom passed away last June 27 Th.

Lot's of other events have happened, all without her smile or her ear to tweak, or her shoulder to cry on. It's been hard, especially as Princess and I have navigated the past couple of weeks. I sure could do to hear some of her advice and wonderful counsel.

As tonight becomes tomorrow, Saturday into Sunday, we set aside one day each year to honor our Mother's. This day is very bittersweet for Princess and I. We couldn't have children. We tried - for eleven years - and then the remotest chance was taken from us several years ago. That is the bitter part.

The sweet part is that we have had our Mother's in our lives. Both Linda (Princesses Mom) and Helen (my Mom) have had major impacts and influence in our lives. They have guided us, cared for us, loved us, soothed us, comforted us, and most of all, set us "free" to grow and mature into responsible adults.

Linda - what a wonderful Mother she is. So caring, so kind, so stern when needed. A perfect Mother if ever there was one, why she even let's me call her "old woman"! I love her. Princess loves her, and we hope she and Bill are having one heck of a retirement party in Australia!

Helen, what a wonderful Mother she "is". See I put the "is" in quotations because Mom passed last year. But she is a wonderful, patient, joyful, kind Mother. She was strong on this earth, and I believe with all my heart, she will is strong in her next life.

I love these women. I love Princess, and I'm grateful she chose me and she said "yes" when I asked!

Happy Mother's Day to the women of the world! May you find peace, joy, love, and someone else to cook, clean, and serve you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

We're thinking of you both today & hope to see you tonight for a moment. Thanks for all you've done in OUR lives. We are blessed to know you both. xoxo

Leah said...

I always love how sentimental you are Jim. One of the qualities you and Melanie both have. We love you both dearly. Thank you for being a part of our lives!