Saturday, May 16, 2009

"Saturday is...

...A special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday"...

It is Saturday and it is the day we get ready for Sunday - although, I won't be participating in that same tradition tomorrow cause I'll be off to the east coast again, but I'm preparing in my own little way.

I was lucky!  I followed my heart and head, mowed, edged, and blew down the patio yesterday.   Good thing cause so far today our rain gauge is ready about three inches of water.  I'm not complaining, really I'm not.  We need the water, and it helps keep us from paying the city to water our plants and the lawn (I told you, I'm a rain magnet).

Luck was on my side again today.  I did a California Roll at a stop sign, and lo and behold to my left was a Hewitt Police Officer - he stopped me, asked me if I knew what I did, I said yes, gave him my license and registration and confessed that I was not paying attention, regardless of who was to my left, I could have caused an accident.  He said "yep", told me to be more careful and to be on my way!  NO TICKET!!!  My guardian angel was watching out for me.

So please, be careful.  Stop at the stop sign.  Look both ways and don't do a California Roll.

Jim

2 comments:

Christina Price said...

James, you are such a hoot! First, a primary song. LOL Then the cop story. Wow!! I posted pictures and I blogged. Love you!

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the rain Jim. Missed you both today at church. Wish you had done my back yard. Take care.