Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Home?

I know that you are all wondering where I am this week!  Nicaragua?  Guatemala?  Mexico?  Maybe New Zealand?

Sorry to disappoint, but this week I am lucky enough to be home.  I took today off, did some cleaning, did some ironing (it really was building up), weeded one entire flower bed and worked on another.  Pulled the St. Augustine from the Bermuda, and did some more weeding.  It was a good day to clear my head and accomplish some things that had gone undone while I was traveling.

I'm off next week to New Jersey again for work.  Seems like this has become my home away from home this year.

Princess is doing well, we weathered Mother's Day pretty good around here this year.  It was a little tough for us both.  Her parents are in Australia visiting friends from 34 years ago - they arrived safe and sent us an e-mail.  Friends came over and gave Princess some cards and some chocolate covered strawberries (which were delicious Lindsey) and visited.  

For me, it was just weird not picking out a gift or card for my Mom.  Made me a touch melancholy for her.  Better that as we close in on the one year anniversary, I'm better than I thought I would be.

Life is good!  Look for the positive and share a smile.
Jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my I get to see you again next week.... yayyyyyy!

Stamp With Linz said...

Yeah for home, we like it when you are here. :) Glad you liked my "healthy treat"! xoxo to all my Prices!