Saturday, May 17, 2008

Edified

That's how I'm feeling right now. We just got home from the Adult session of Stake Conference in Killeen. The Jacobsens and Blackhursts twisted our arms until we went. We drove down and met them at Outback in Killeen, had a great dinner, then went over to the stake building, where we were spiritually fed.

It was a great evening, good friends, good food, and edification for the soul. Glad I didn't buck the trend and not go. Now just so you don't think I'm such a heathen, Princess does not like to go on Sunday, as it is too early, and the Saturday night session is too late for me, so we've both had our differences in the past. Tonight, we just began a new tradition.

Jim

3 comments:

Leah said...

Well, We went to stake conference although it was in Dallas. We pulled up to the church and not a soul was there. Zeb says, "I bet it's stake conference here too." Don't know why we didn't think of that before. So we drove back at 10. I'm glad you guys had such a good time. I think that is a great tradition...meeting for dinner before.

Leah said...

I hope that didn't come out like I was gloating or anything. I just meant that we went to. :)
And after they finally figured the audio out we were spiritually fed as well. Love that.

TonyaKuykendall said...

I was glad to see your friendly faces on Sunday. Church just isn't the same without seeing your family every week.... I'm proud of your new tradition!!!! But now I'm hungry for Outback!