Saturday, May 17, 2008

!Hola!

He estado en Mexico...Ooops! I've been travelling south of the border down Mexico way.

I spent this past week down in Mexico auditing suppliers. I absolutely love this country. The people are wonderful, humble, kind, and loving. They are proud of their country, their heritage, and their culture. I love their food too (it shows by the number of my chins)!

While travelling in Mexico, I am sure that I surprised many a person that I came into contact with during this trip. First, I saw missionaries on a street corner and shouted out the window "Hey Elders" and waved. The jumped, shouted back and gave me the "thumbs up" sign. Then in the airport in Mexico City (DF as it is called there), I ran into three Elders on their way to their assignments in the Veracruz mission. My travelling companions, a Catholic and a Jewish gentlemen were giving me grief for stopping to chat cause we were running from plane to plane. I just reminded them that we are all on the same rock, spinning wildly in space, breathing the same air, and if stopping for 3 minutes to chat with someone who holds the same beliefs as me was a bad thing, then have at it. Later we saw a Jewish man in the airport lounge (yes, Yamika intact), and I chided my co-worker for not greeting him and visiting. He stated to me, "well, my peeps are not like your peeps!" I replied "How sad, at least my peeps are happy to see another peep!" Anyway, it was a good trip filled all kinds of wonderful experiences.

For those of you who have asked, my mom is about the same, good days and bad days. She struggles every day of her life. We did have an enjoyable time with her in Vegas, something I can treasure the rest of my life.

Well, it's off to the races, we have a few errands to run, then home to clean and get ready for stake conference adult session tonight, and then again tomorrow morning in Killeen - and yes, we are being dragged to it (the adult session) by our friends the Jacobsens and Blackhursts!

Jim

1 comment:

Bert said...

If their country is so great how come they keep coming over to ours? I love you brother but disagree on that subject!!