Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Travel and BRRR

That was my day today. But before I get started on that, let me recap the weekend at Texaspricetags!

Friday I arrived home from Tucson - to very warm weather. I set up the laptop, checked e-mail, made some calls, did some work. Then I trimmed the "older" bushes and gave the "newer" bushes a bit of a haircut too.

Saturday, Princess and I put lights on many of the bushes and spent a good deal of time stringing lights on the big crepe myrtle in the front. We tested everything and all of the lights worked fine. I also had to replace the one extension cord that I cut through while trimming on Friday. We had Princesses work party and even though Princess stated "we're leaving at 9:30 sharp", we arrived home at 11:30 PM!!

Sunday, up at 5:30 AM left for Stake Conference at 7:15, had a harrowing ride to Jilleen with weird fog that would white out the exterior of the windows - I'm talking really freaked me out all three times it happened! Stake Conference went really well. We were spiritually feed and uplifted, which hopefully will last for the next six months.

Monday, I worked from the plant, then off to the Midway High School Christmas concert! Which totally rocked! The music really helped to bring me more into celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Deborah Vance, Kylie Jacobsen, and Alex Christensen did awesome jobs. We even saw Lane West (our neighbors son's friend) and he had an awesome duet. It was a great evening, with the exception that the Blackhurst's had to leave early cause the girls were getting antsy.

So I arrived in Detroit after getting up at 3:30AM, expecting to wait until 5:30 PM to travel to South Bend, Indiana, only to find an earlier flight, which I got on, which allowed me to get here before some of the freezing rain hits... about now! The temperature is right around 33F! It's cold, wet, and soaks right to the bones. I am grateful to have arrived safe and sound, and to know that I only have a short drive tomorrow to do my audit.

Be safe and WARM out there! Jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather isn't that much warmer here this week either! Did you mean to type Jilleen or was it a K typo? I thought maybe there was a story there I hadn't heard yet. You always tell such wonderful and animated stories! Check out my blog, too, please!

Anonymous said...

p.s. I need some help on my blog..when are you back in town???