Monday, December 31, 2007

2007

Well, here I am again, in the den, the house is ice cold (anything higher than 63F and Princess starts having hot flashes), in my sweats typing. And where pray tell is Princess?? She is fast asleep in bed, with about 4 blankets on top of her!

I have always been a creature of habit, up at the same time, and to bed at the same time. I can't even sleep in on the weekends (my brain goes a million miles an hour and I think of all the things I could/should be doing), even as a kid, I was always first one up, unless I was sick, then stay away from Oscar the grouch!

As this year fast closes, I wish to express my thoughts and thanks.

First - I am grateful for a loving wife. Princess is so talented and so Christ like in her love for myself, our little doggies, and for everyone she meets. She has a heart bigger than the state of Texas.

Second - I am grateful for having such a wonderful job that I love. I have a great group of people that I work with, both at our plant and at our corporate office. I am grateful for a boss who is patient, directing, and motivational. His execution of meetings, of getting things done is exemplary for me. I am also grateful for the team of associates that I work closely with (all my VA bud's).

Third - I am grateful for friends! Texas friends, Nevada friends, Utah friends, no matter where you are, I am grateful for you. When I meet someone, I feel my spirit connect with theirs. This may not always happen at first for the other person, but it does for me. We become instantly kindred spirits! And for all of my/our friends out there, to both Princess and I, you are family (heck aren't we all children of Heavenly Father) to us, and we appreciate your Love and support.

Fourth - I am grateful that I woke up six feet above ground today - it means there is hope for me yet, and that God is not done molding my clay!

Happy New Year's Eve! Be Safe everyone! By the way, I hear Princess blow drying her hair - She's up! Gotta run!
Jim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the Wii!! I've been reviewing the exercise benefits/getting fit ideas from it..sounds intriguing!! Like we need ANOTHER game system in our house..LOL

Sounds like you had a great holiday - hope it was restful for you and Princess. Hope to see you both more this year!

I also noticed you changed your color scheme on your blog - way cool. I still need some help on mine..maybe you'll pencil me in some year. :-)

The Collingwood Family said...

Hppe ya'll had a great Christmas and New Year. Next time you come up to COSCO we need to get together! By the way, I'm the same way about waking up. I almost never sleep in.

Leah said...

You and Zeb are two peas in a pod. He is always to bed at the same time and an early riser as well.

Melanie-I am waiting for a post while Jim is gone! :)

J & M Shumate Family said...

We miss the Prices!!! Hey, Michelle Hart called me the other day to invite us to Sunday dinner...she is actually related to Jon through marriage. She lives in Highlands Ranch too. I told them I knew you guys. She was shocked. Then I told her I knew Sarah. She really laughed. It really is a SMALL WORLD!