Sunday, September 16, 2007

Too Much

Or too heavy? I'm not quite sure. I guess I'm liked (read) more for my witty repartee than for my deep, spiritual, thinking side (I state this only because on the Nerd scale, I received 5 comments, yet matters of great concern I only received one comment).

So dear friends and family, I will try to not pour out my soul/heart too often and just thrill you with the life and times of the TexasPricetags!

This past week has been a doozy.
• Last Sunday evening I started off feeling poorly, awoke during the night with sweats, chills, etc and found I had a fever. My scratchy throat from Saturday was not just allergies, but a cold. I weathered it pretty well sleeping most of Monday

• The rest of the work week was spent dealing with issues and trying to catch up on audit reports, expense reports and firefighting.

We haven’t seen too much rain lately, but I know for a fact it will rain today or tomorrow, independent of what the TV, Internet, Radio, and Newspapers say! Why do you ask? Because for the first time in 6 months, both cars are washed, waxed and clean! It is a sure sign that rain will be opening from the heavens any minute now, or at least while we are at Church this afternoon.

Speaking of Church, my new calling as Gospel Essentials Teacher is going quite well. I usually have about 10-15 people attending, some new, some old. The new ones don’t quite scare me as much as the old ones, cause they don’t usually get out there on tangents that are pretty deep discussions. I do try to steer the class back to the topic at hand, and gently thank the tangent taker for their comments.

I added Princess to the blog so she could start posting, or create her own blog and link to it from here, but no such luck yet.

If I have any exciting happenings at Church today, I will describe it in detail here on these pages.

Jim

2 comments:

Leah said...

Hey, slow down there! I think it is totally healthy and a great thing to share your deep side every now and then. That's part of your personality and why we love you!
Tell Melanie if I can do a blog so can she!!!

Stamp With Linz said...

Funny, I don't recall reading very many of YOUR comments either! :)