Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blessed

That's how I fell today. Blessed beyond measure. Many of you dear readers know that I try not to let my Mormon influence get the best of me and become to "preachy" with the blog. However, I am blessed more than I could every imagine.

I want to declare my love for a beautiful Daughter of our Heavenly Father. Her unconditional love for me and those that surround us. I truly don't deserve all that she does for the girls and me.

I am grateful for loving parents. My dear Mother has struggled, fought, climbed, and torn her way through 4 years of hell. She is dealing with Cancer. They found ovarian cancer in 2003, just after her Mother passed away. She was given 12 months. 13 months later, she was given 12 -18 months. Now, 3 years later, we learn that her numbers are climbing, the drug study she is on is not working, and tumors are growing. I have held her hands, felt her tears on my cheeks, heard her voice quiver and shake from 1350 miles away, yet through it all, her faith holds her, her testimony of God, his son Jesus Christ, and the plan that He has for us. Now with this latest round of chemo unsuccessful, the Dr's are giving her 3 to 6 months to live. I don't know what the next 3 to 6 months hold (heck not even the next 24 hours), but I do know this, I love my Mom. She is a fighter, she feels that God is not done with her yet, and I know that she prays that His will be done.

I pray for her every morning, noon and night. I pray that the pain will not be too much for her to bear, and I know without a shadow of a doubt that my prayers are answered.

My sister Buffy (not her real name, but my nickname for her from high school) has had my Mom at her house for the past several weeks. Here she is, fourth of six kids, having to manage this burden with her husband and my younger brother and his wife. I know that she has learned more unconditional love through serving my Mom, than anything other trial in her life.

I love my family. Please forgive me for being so sappy, so emotional, so overjoyed in God's blessings to me and to my family. Remember to keep your loved ones closer, love those that spite you, and pray for guidance in your lives.

Jim

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Thanks for getting sappy. It's not just a Mormon thing. Normal people do it too! :) I'm glad your mother's life is being spared for the mean time. It sounds like she continues to bless the lives of her children--just what mothers are supposed to do. God Bless her and you.

Leah said...

I am sorry to hear about your mother. It must be extremely hard. Thank you for sharing part of yourself and your family with us. I love your wife too and you're not too bad yourself, Jim! : )