Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Official

I'm a boob. No, not a female anatomy part, but a big blubbering boob!

Today I had to teach about our Heavenly Family and the reason we came to earth. And about 3 minutes into it, I began tearing up. I mean really tearing up! I kept plugging through, trying hard not to let my emotions get the best of me and at one point, I had to turn by back to the class to get my breath!

The lesson material was great! I had good participation (probably scared that I would break down again...which I did!), but my feelings were just right at the surface! No matter what I did, I had a hard time getting control.

I was able to finish the lesson...a lesson I brought props to. I had pictures of Princess, Mom & Dad, Mom and Dad Princess, friends, cousins, grandparents, nieces, nephews, Princesses sister's family, you name it I brought pictures! After the lesson, there was one sister really crying, tears running down her cheeks. I went to apologize, only to learn that her husband had recently died. He is a member of the Church, she is not. My lesson on eternal families was for her, not for me, not for my Mom (still not doing well), but for her. She needed to feel the Spirit, and this helped to break through to her. I don't know what the future holds for her, but I know that my ramblings and blubberings were for her.

Ya know what? I'm grateful to be a boob (the big blubbering kind)!

7 comments:

Brandy said...

I hated that I came in late, but it was worth it. I don't mind you blubbering up there, but when you cause me to blubber in my seat, I get a little miffed. Seriously, your sensitivity to the topic let the spirit testify of it's truthfulness. Ann is a good friend of mine, and I know her husband has been working on her from beyond the veil since his death in April. Thanks for being an instrument in the Lord's hand.

Paul said...

I'm just glad that Ann was there and that you were able to justify the way you embarrased yourself in front of everybody. Just kidding. I actually wish I could have listened in on the lesson. Ann has actually become more interested in spiritual things since her husband's passing. She hardly attended church with him and even asked the missionaries to stop coming to the house. Her experiences have helped soften her, made her teachable. I'm grateful for your approach to the topic because once you connect with Ann she never forgets it. If she keeps attending your class, I'm confident she will call you blessed forever.

Stamp With Linz said...

It was a lovely lesson. You never need to apologize for "being a boob"...we all knew that always! :)

In all honesty, it was really lovely, the spirit was felt and that's the important part.

Moore Fun Stories said...

How awesome! I wish I could have been there to hear your lesson. As I read this, my eyes teared up. So, can't imagine how I would have been actually being there.

Todd said...

It was a fantastic lesson! I left with a better sense of eternal families, including those family members not blood-related. I truly believe you and Princess are meant to touch the hearts of many through your testimonies in this calling.

Kari said...

How Awesome! How blessed that sister was to be there that day!

Leah said...

I wish I could have been there but Audrey would have been screaming and all! It sounds like it was a great leeson and that is so neat that the gal there really needed to hear it. How wonderul.
It's not so bad to be a boob!
Thank you for sharing for those of us that weren't there.
And we like you just the way you are...boob and all!