Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Day

Not a creature was stirring...except me. My body alarm clock woke up at 5:30 AM. So I got up and did the whole bathing thing, got dressed quietly, and headed downstairs.

I turned on the Christmas tree lights, put on Christmas music on the stereo, and then tackled the dishwasher. Next I washed all the dishes in the sink, dried them and put away those that I knew where they went. I then proceeded to clear the table so that I could set it. I now know where Princess got her filing system from...her Mother. Piles and Piles of paper, I carefully put on the computer desk. Then I scrubbed the table top and dried it (I tell you, raising parents is tough business).

The phone rang and interrupted my cleaning frenzy. It was Princesses niece Kara. We talked and laughed and then she asked to speak to "Grandma or Grandpa". I told her I was the only one awake - now about 8:30 AM and she said "Uncle Jim, go wake her up and give her the phone!" Now being the dutiful Unlce, I obliged and snuck back upstairs, snuck in her room, and announced "Old Woman, your granddaughter Kara would like to speak to you" to which she replied "Hush up old man!". We laughed and she took the phone.

I went back downstairs, and was joined by Linda who helped me start breakfast, then came Princess, and finally Bill. After breakfast, we proceeded to exchange gifts. I got some good cologne, Euphoria, and it smells great. Cleaned up the kitchen and then we all headed to Christy's house in Henderson for the meet up with the whole "fam damily".

Everyone enjoyed their time together, no fights, no yelling matches, good food, and Mom cried her eyes out when she opened her present and found a memory box with pictures of her and Dad, and all us kids, and all the grandkids decoupaged in a very beautiful arrangement. Then other presents were shared, all the sisters-in-law gave each other candles. It was great! We played Dominos with Christy, Shane (her hubby), and nephews Kyle and Tanner.

Next we skeedaddled to OLDER brother Rich's house to visit and to see my lovely niece Nicole (better known to the world as CPK "Cabbage Patch Kid"). Back to Vegas amongst the neon and Christmas lights to head off to dream land.

It was a wonderful Christmas with the families for the first time in 6 years.

No comments: