Monday, August 14, 2006

Sunday Update

Yesterday, as I had stated before, Princess and I were asked to talk in Sacrament meeting. The Bishop told us to take 12.5 minutes each for our remarks.

We got to the Chapel, set up on the stand by the pulpit. There was a youth speaker and a rest hymn, so I was not panicked about time. Well...after the youth speaker spoke for about 15 minutes, Princess spoke for 22 minutes without stopping or looking at the clock!!! She sat down next to me and there was 5 minutes left to the meeting before the closing hymn.

I stood up to speak and the Bishop and first counselor both looked at me, nodded and told me to deliver my talk. I had 8 pages typed single spaced to deliver. I talked faster than I ever have in my life. I consolidated where I could, didn't read all the scriptures that I had chosen, and we finished about 8 minutes after we should have.

Before I entered my Primary class, the first counselor asked if Princess and I would choose another topic and speak at a youth fireside!!! I told him NO! I don't believe he heard me.

We'll see - Jim

1 comment:

Angela said...

howdy! your talks were great on Sunday :) as for Lady In the Water...bah! have you seen it yet? let me know if you do and we can cry together about losing precious hours of our lives on such a silly movie. I usually like his movies, but agter this one i'm not sure he will ever be funded to make one again!!