Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hotter than...

So, it has been like 100 or more for about the last three weeks. The hottest summer since Princess and I moved here in '01. We got our electric bill yesterday. They say we used more electricity this year than last. I find that hard to believe. We've set our thermostat up higher than ever before. We're turning off lights, ceiling fans, you name it, just so we cut the bill. We're even staying up late, trying to do laundry in off-peak hours to keep the bill down. But, here we are with our highest electric bill ever in 19 years of married life. We may have to cut out trips to Sonic so that we can afford to pay it.

On a lighter note, Princess and I are speaking in Sacrament meeting tomorrow. For those non-LDS, this means we are the people giving the sermon. Both of us have been extra nervous and vying for computer time to write our talks. And I still have to teach Primary afterwards - I tell you, my life is hectic.

I spent all week in Mexico for work - hotter than you know what there too! I will be traveling quite a bit for the next month - my schedule never lightens up. I'll be back boiling in Mexico this coming week too. Thank goodness this white boy can speak, read, and write the lingo down there or it would be mayhem. I mean mayhem.

The worst part about traveling for my job is that sometimes I am gone for important life events, Valentine's Day, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc. This Monday, Princess and I will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary! Who'd have thunk that she could put up with me for this long?! I certainly am the luckiest guy in the whole world to have her. She is so kind, thoughtful, shows unconditional Christ-like love not just to me, but to everyone she meets! I am truly blessed for her in my life. I won't be home for the big event, and she is "ok" with that, so we have done everything she wanted to do this weekend, cards with our friends, me not nagging, etc. and I'll have to make up more next weekend when I am home with her.

Have a great night - Jim

No comments: