Saturday, August 05, 2006

Chores

When I was a kid, our parents had this rule; "No Cartoons on Saturday Morning until your chores are done. Well now as an adult, without children, I can't get Princess to understand this rule at all.

As a huge courtesy to her, I let Princess sleep in on Saturdays...this means, no mowing, no edging, no vacuuming the car out until she is up...around 9:00 to 9:30. So this morning I am up at 6:00 outside enjoying the cool morning (yeah at 78F), pulling weeds, sweeping the front porch/walkway...doing my honey-do's. I decide to wash her Murano since it's been a couple weeks and the sprinklers at her work are constantly getting it wet (also at this time, I have done several loads of wash - not folded, but put in the washer, dryer or hung up to dry).

As I'm finishing up, she comes out and offers to help dry, of which I am very appreciative. She helps, then goes inside, I hear nothing and I'm thinking "she went back to bed!" But she hasn't, she's making a cake (third weekend in a row) for our friends birthday, so I don't go into nag mode. I pick up the rugs in the laundry room and front entry way, take them out to shake them off, sweep the front tile, then mop it. So why do I tell you this? I look over and she's on the couch watching "Paula Dean" on the food network. I just shrug and keep going. She is after all my Princess...and I love her for it.

She's showering, I going to put the rugs down, then shower and we're off to shop for tax free weekend in Texas! About time I need some new shorts - so Old Navy here we come. Hope your day is as fruitfull as mine.

Jim

1 comment:

amber said...

haha. you are a good man bro. price. stay out of the heat!!

indeed, i was at church..but late. thanks for the laughs. you cheered me up today. ps: the boob pic was my friend mike.