Friday, April 01, 2011

Thankful!

I've been a road warrior for the past three weeks, working in New Zealand, performing audits for my company.  It's been great, but today is my last day in New Zealand, it's 6:50 PM here, Friday 1 April 2011.  When most of you read this, it will be sometime Friday 1 April 2011, I will be in the air over the Pacific Ocean en route to Los Angeles.  Then I will get to experience Friday, 1 April 2011 all over again!

I'm thankful to be coming home, to be in my own bed, and to eat at any fast food restaurant I want to (while in NZ, my contact wouldn't let me have McDonald's!).

I'm thankful to drive on the right side of the street, on the right side of the car...be it known far and wide, I a humble American boy from Henderson, Nevada, drove for one week in a sport utility vehicle on the opposite side of the road, on the opposite side of the car, and I didn't kill one person doing it...and then at the end of the trip, I repeated that daring feat!

I'm thankful that I will get to hear and see American TV that isn't behind by one or two seasons or episodes.

I'm thankful for my girls, I can't wait to see them.  Doggone it, I'm just thankful and happy to be coming home...and to mow my grass!

See you all when I return.

J

3 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

Welcome home, sir. :)

Anonymous said...

http://buckoclown.blogspot.com/search/label/www.pmacademy.net

Kim and DeAnn said...

love reading your feelings! been to Utah and Montana, wanted so bad on April 1 to make a REAL sponge cake, but didn't get to, maybe next year. . . all well here. We pray for you and your girls and hope for resolution in your heart. I KNOW firsthand it is a pretty rough and tough and tumble world. But steady onward works. Love you guys!