Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spring Cleaning...

A little late that is.

Yes, I know it's still May, but my travel has been so hectic that I just couldn't bring myself to do the cleaning when I was home last weekend. Knowing that this is a three day weekend to honor those who served, and our ancestors who worked so hard to make this country the great nation it is! So, I got up early and decided to clean.

Before I get into that, I want, no need to thank the many Military Men and Women who valiantly and with much dedication serve our great country! God Bless You All! You are in our prayers each night for protection for you and your families.

Now, back to the cleaning. I started with the closet in our home office. Gone are the 7 plus years of Martha Stewart Living Magazines. Gone are many, many tote bags, duffel bags, and a huge piece of luggage we just don't use anymore. And in their places, are a much more organized and neater closet with room to walk into! Imagine that!

Next, I tackled the Mickey room closet. You couldn't open the door for fear of STUFF falling out and hitting you. Not anymore! You can step inside the closet, look for the other STUFF that's left and not have fear to open the door! Princess woke about the middle of this closet and helped me finish. Now we have a bazillion empty plastic magazine holders that are going to Goodwill along with the duffel bags.

Then we went out and pulled weeds from the front flower bed. Next, I think I'll run and rummage through my closet and send some of that STUFF that is being worn to Goodwill also.

We're off to the movies this afternoon, some shopping/errands, then home to relax. Lynn will be here tomorrow and we are just ecstatic!

Happy Memorial Day! Be safe!

3 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

A+

Jeanette said...

Wow, sounds exhausting and fulfilling. May I buy a duffle bag? Larry's is shot.

Janadt.Huggins said...

hooray for organizing closets. Devin did that in our garage on Memorial Day and now I love going out there and seeing all the nice new shelfs all organized. When I come visit you I'm going to open your closets and take a look. :)