Saturday, November 03, 2007

World Traveller

Well, since it has been a while and I received so much grief about it that Princess had to blog (for the first time)to defend me.

It is true that I have been very busy with work. Busy enough to work on Saturday and sometimes, print out my auditing templates and itineraries on Sunday for my trips. Because of this, I put blogging aside to concentrate on what is really important, my family. I know, my friends are very important also, and for you dear readers of my blog, extended family and friends,I am sincerely sorry for any disappointment I have caused.

Let me give you a breakdown of my travels in October:
First Week - I travelled to our plant in Pennsylvania to support a group of technicians in our company that my group works very closely with in resolving issues at our plants.
Second Week - Princess's birthday, I got to stay in the plant for two days and I travelled to St. Louis, MO, for a very important meeting with a vendor which has struggled to supply our company.
Third Week - As acting group manager, I was in charge of our bi-annual meeting between my group and our purchasing group. It was a good meeting, and it was also the meeting where our newest team member started working in our group full time.
Fourth Week - I just returned from performing 5 audits in 3 different countries, Ecuador, Colombia, and Venezuela. In Ecuador, my hotel room looked directly out onto this most gorgeous view of the Guayaquil temple! And I didn't even plan it that way. I have pictures, and I will post. In Colombia, we saw some beautiful countryside in Medellin and Bogota. In Venezuela, we saw a beautiful country, but felt for the first time in the trip that we were not safe. The country, once very rich and prosperous, struggles under oppressive government policies, and there were very poor people everywhere we went. All in all, it was a good trip.

During all of this, my Mother has had setbacks dealing with her cancer. Her numbers soared to almost 12,000, then dropped to 1,000 (normal is under 30). She has been admitted to the hospital twice - once I do not remember the reason, once for a bowel obstruction (very serious), but again, she was blessed by my Dad and Uncle and her body healed itself with her faith and antibiotics, and no dangerously invasive surgery. She is a pillar of strength and her faith is a testimony to me of the power of prayer and Priesthood Blessings.

Next week, I will be off to Idaho, where I will see much of the state driving between Boise and Twin Falls, and also around the Caldwell area. The best part is that I will get to see Princess's sister, brother-in-law, and the wonderful nieces and nephews! I am stoked.

After that it is on to Washington and Oregon for some audits, then the IN-LAWS are coming for Thanksgiving along with Princesses Aunt and Uncle! Very excited, as it has been over a year since we have had any out of town visitors.

So Dear readers, keep the faith in me alive, keep patience with me, and I promise to blog when able (like early on a Saturday morning to keep you updated)
Jim

1 comment:

TonyaKuykendall said...

I would apologize for being one to give Melanie grief over your lack of posting but it got her to commit to posting, so muy bueno. I am commenting from Panama, where my Spanish is getting much better. If you and Melanie get the chance you should make a trip here. I miss your postings as I live viariously through everyone's blogs. Thanks for a recap of your adventures. I will continue to pray for your Mom. Stay safe and I'll see you soon.