Saturday, November 10, 2007

"Cause You're..."

So this week I was in Idaho for company business doing audits. I flew into Boise, ID and then drove the 113 miles to Twin Falls. I love this drive, the grassy, rolling plains with the mountains on either side of the interstate.

When I got to Boise, I headed straight to Taco Time for some lunch. Princess turned me onto Taco Time over 20 years ago when we went to SLC planning the wedding. I love their crispy meat burrito and chips and cheese. After lunch - I headed out on my drive, i-pod in hand, connected to the radio listening to Christmas music (I know, it's not yet Thanksgiving, but I can't get enough of Christmas music).

Arriving in Twin Falls, I was in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express (see, now you know why I'm so smart)when my Commercial buyer walks by on her way out for a walk. Well, "A" accompanies me inside, I check in, and we both head out for the walk. We walked the rim of the canyon where the twin falls are, saw some beautiful landscape, and while we're talking and walking age comes up. I tell "A" that I just had a birthday, she replies that hers in on the 17th of November (Happy early Birthday), then she states, "You're older than me". To which I reply, "so, the fat in my face smooths out the wrinkles and makes me look younger"!

Well, the next couple of days, "A" is saying things like "Cause you're older than me" and "oh, I see, it must be an age thing" to which we both laughed. I really like "A" and we have a good working relationship and I consider her a very good friend, at work and away from work.

Wednesday, I got to see Princesses sister, brother-in-law and nieces and nephews. We had a good visit, but it went late into the night. Thursday I was going to go see them, but the audit went late, I got some dinner, and by the time they were home from parent teacher night, I was bushed, and decided to just call it a night. I was in bed by 8:30 PM.

I arrived in Austin, got my car, and headed out onto I-35 North. Oh wait a minute, that wasn't I-35, it was a PARKING LOT! I sat there for 30 minutes inching my way up to the next exit, exited with all the other people, but got turned around and went south to 71 West to get onto the Mo-Pac and skirt around downtown. Seems there were three accidents all on I-35 Northbound in about a 7 mile stretch. I zoomed up Mo-Pac, worked my way back to I-35 thinking I was smart to avoid the toll section, only to discover another accident and traffic standing still. This one however I got past and got home about 4:30 PM.

I reached our humble abode, greeted the girls and started laundry. Right now there's one of the last batches in the washer, when it's done, I'm showering, then I've got a bit of work to do this weekend before I head out to Portland on Monday. Oh, and Princess is with a group, no a gaggle of women at a "stamp/scrap booking" retreat weekend, where all they will do is make projects, and bash our husbands :-).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, Jim, I went to the last retreat and I know that the wonderful women who attend them are very careful NOT to bash their eternal companions. What they will be doing is chatting mindlessly as they eat junk food and create 'handmade with love' projects for at least 36 hours straight. Oh, how I wish I had gone.....

Paul said...

I was an assistant manager at a Taco Time in Provo during college. The best part of working there was that management got free meals.

Unknown said...

Hey Jim and Mel,
I ran across an old email with your blog address so I thought I would "drop" by and see what's up.

I would love to talk to both of you....

Janae ficklja@gw.ccsd.net

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

You make me laugh! Im jealous that you were in ID... Mountains... Need I say more?! Fall is my absolute favorite season, and the mountains bring out the best of it!

Your traffic story cracks me up.. Thats why im not a huge fan of Austin. Everytime Ive gone down there, regardless of the time, it always takes forever! Glad your back safe and sound!

Kari said...

First the chickens, now a gaggle of women. Never a dull moment for you guys.