Sunday, March 28, 2010

Edified

My heart is full, and my spirit edified by attending Sacrament Meeting today. Because next Sunday is General Conference, we had Fast and Testimony meeting a week early.

A gentleman in our Ward is battling cancer. This is not his first time at bat with the disease. He is far too young to be experiencing all that is happening to him, his beautiful wife, and their four beautiful daughters.

When we moved here to Waco almost 9 years ago, this man, Brother J, asked where we were building our house. We told him Hewitt, and he told us that his estimation of us just went up. We laughed. That year at our first Christmas Ornament party, we invited Brother & Sister J. The friendship has continued to grow over these years. Brother J is a very talented man. He is humble, kind, hardworking, dedicated, diligent, prayerful, and I look up to him as any son would a Father. He is exemplary in the duties of his Priesthood at Church.

Through his battles with cancer, he has never complained or whined in my presence. He has just held out hope and faith in his Savior Jesus Christ, and that he Brother J, was humble and willing to do the bidding of our Heavenly Father. He has unconditional Love, something I believe he exemplifies from his faith in Jesus Christ.

We do not know the outcome of Brother J's battle with this horrible disease, only God can know that. I do know that I love him, that my heart is full of compassion and empathy for him, Sister J, and their family. He truly is a giant among men, and a powerful witness and testimony of the Savior.

Thank you Brother J for being my friend, for welcoming Princess and I into your home and your hearts. You are in my prayers, my thoughts, my mind, and my heart.

J.

4 comments:

Janadt.Huggins said...

Jim, this is a beautiful and touching post. Thank you also for letting me know on FB that brother J.'s cancer is back. His family will be in our prayers. Hope to see you and Princess soon.

Jeanette said...

Thanks you for saying what I have trouble saying. What men, both you and J.

Cori said...

This is a very endearing tribute. My thoughts too. Your good with words.

Kim and DeAnn said...

good men like your friend need good friends like you!