Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Frosted

Yep, that's what it feels like.  We've been frosted, like as in sugar coated, dipped, iced, you name it, but it wasn't with sweet sugar, or chocolate icing, but with frozen rain.  It started yesterday afternoon.  Newscasters claiming everyone should stay home, frozen bridges, car accidents galore, Gloom and Doom.

So Princess says to me "Should we park your car in the garage tonight"? And I said, "Why?"   So we went outside and sure enough, O'le blue had a half inch thick layer of ice on her.  We warmed her up for about twenty minutes, let the defrosters work, took off a bunch of ice and she stayed nice and warm in the garage all night.

Princess is on her way to Portland, OR for work {maybe I should say trying to get there, their flights are delayed out of Dallas}.  I worked from home today, may do it all week as I tend to get more done here than at the office.  I took some photos of the roof line, rose bushes, and the trees so you can see our "frosting" we got last night.  No rain tonight, but it's gonna be a cold one again, so bundle up.

2 comments:

Christina Price said...

So I take it the cold weather and you don't get along too well. I hope everything works out good for Melanie. Love ya..Christy

TonyaKuykendall said...

I had fun with it. I got inside my car, rolled down the side window and started smashing the ice like it was a window.. What a tension releaser... :o) Glad you got to stay home. I noticed the cops were out in force yesterday... Later.