Friday, August 03, 2007

June

So in June we took our vacation to lovely Boise, ID to partake in Princesses family reunion. I dreaded the trip, 10 days with family and lot's of kids. Boy was I wrong!

We had a blast. When we arrived at the airport, we had rented a small car for the week (heck we were only going to need it to get to her sister's house, and for errands. Well, because of my travels for work, we were upgraded to a Subaru Tribeca (their SUV). It was lovely. Drove smoothly, had a great sound system, and had GPS navigation!

Each morning we got up with the in-laws and the kids, had scripture study, and then went to the park to do a mile around the track. Princess and I walked, while the kids all jogged and timed themselves. Then it was back home to eat breakfast, shower and get on with the day. The reunion was Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. We had the Aunt, cousins, etc and had games planned and a craft idea for the adult women. Princesses Uncle took all the kids swimming at their hotel (about 10 or 11) and they had a blast. We barbecued, played badminton, catch, jai-alai, it was great.
Matt playing catch with the kids

Dave, Jared, Kerry, and Aunt Marcia enjoying watching the kids and each other in the shade.



After Church in the Mike's flowers for a family portrait.
All in all it was a really good time had by all. Now I only have to "dread" it for the next two years:-)!
Jim

1 comment:

The Nielsens said...

I love the last picture. You guys look great. I love the garden. Glad you had fun. By the way did you see the song I wrote for? I left it on the O Canada comments. Glad for the new post.