Wednesday, September 03, 2008

AWAY

I have been away. Avoiding mainly, the thought of blogging, of telling the world that Life is great just hasn't appealed to me. Sorry for the downer, but it's true, and this is the first time I have felt like signing in to post in a long time.

Princess and I went to Michigan to visit our dear friend Lynn. We saw quite a lot of Michigan, Lake Michigan and Lake Charlevoix. We spent the night in a quaint inn in Petoskey, did some wonderful sight seeing and shopping, and just relaxed. We all three needed it. Lynn moved from Texas to be closer to her family. Her biological family that is. We are her adopted family. We got to see her new house, play with the kitty's (my allergies stayed in check), and had a wonderful time. The weather was great, her house gorgeous with huge vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors, and 2100 hundred square feet of unfinished basement - with good ceiling height I might add.

We came home, had an uneventful trip, even with Gustav ready to hit the Gulf Coast at any minute, but the flight was good. I have finished reading "Twilight" and am waiting to start "New Moon", by my newest favorite author, Stephanie Meyers. Loved the book.

Bert called me today, asking if it was normal to be depressed! HA! I told him yes - then we talked and commiserated about our lives and missing Mom. I know it will get better, I feel it, but it's still hard.

Anyway, if you get the chance, pick up the book, or travel to Michigan in late August - it is beautiful.
Jim

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Jim! Sorry to hear you're feeling blue. I wish we could be around to cheer you up. Every day, when I drive up to College Station, I feel like sailing on through...all the way to Waco. Tell Mel hi.

Danny and Paulette said...

I've read the first 3 books by Stephenie Meyer and am half way thru the 4th. Keep reading them, they keep getting better. Keep your chin up. We love you both..

Paulette

Bert said...

dude. don't mention my name!!

Paul said...

I love Bert's comment. I don't even know him and it made me laugh out loud.

I know you are mourning but I feel bad for your wife. I stood next to you in the hallway at church for like two minutes and I felt depressed. Poor Melanie, how does she do it?

I actually had not ever considered the depth of sorrow possible at losing a loved one. It is one of those things I don't ever want to think about or experience. I guess that is why I feel like you are teaching me each time I read about your latest journey.

Thanks for having the courage to share. And I hope I never have to go to you for solace because you are the only one who understands the pain.

I'm fine being the pupil and learning from Master Price.

Leah said...

LOVE the Twilight books and I LOVE that you are reading them. How great is that? I'm glad you two got to see Lynn and had such a great trip.
Hang in there.
Thinking of you...