Saturday, April 29, 2006

Texas and New Mexico


It's Wednesday and I arrived into Lubbock, picked up my rental car... a real cutie, a Jeep Liberty Limited. Leather seats, in-dash 6 CD player, and the icing on the cake was Sirius satellite radio (the best thing in the world next to my ipod on long desolate trips.

Arrived in Roswell, NM, met up with my boss, went for a walk as the weather was absolutely freakin' beautiful, light breeze, sun was setting, just gorgeous. Too bad Princess was not with me as Roswell is her birthplace. My father-in-law (aka Santa and aka the clown) was stationed at the now defunct Walker Air Force Base there from 65-67.

Thursday morning got up, showered (kind of nice of me so as not to be too stinky), ate breakfast (as both Princess and I are eating more healthy since she got tagged for Diabetes). Went and did our dairy audit, got my boss to the airport for her flight home and then I went and took pics of Roswell for Princess and her family. I also got some pics of the home they lived in for that very short time. I have added these on a Flickr badge. Click on the badge and it will take you to all my public photos. Easiest way I know to share the photos.

After taking the photos, bought some water, a soda pop, and was on my way back to Lubbock. Took me right around three hours with only one potty break. Got to my hotel, checked in got some grub and what did I see shining brightly in the night? Krispy Kreme!!!! You see, coming from Vegas to Texas, we lost out on the good ole KK and then they built one here in Waco and it closed 18 months later! Dang! So after eating, I went and got me some donuts and just to prove it to you, here it is and boy was it delicious! HOT and FRESH, you just can't beat that SHIPLEY'S!

I flew back to Houston, missed my connection due to weather and so I got another cool rental car...a Subaru Legacy wagon with the hugest and I mean hugest sun roof in the world...whaddya expect, EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas. Got home, unpacked and started in on the laundry with Princess. About 12:30 AM guess what happened? Severe Thunderstorm warning and TORNADO WATCH!!! Am I a jinx or what? Oh well, it got me out of mowing today.

I know that these are a little back dated, but I wanted to catch everyone up on my goings and comings, comings and goings. Today we did our normal Saturday errands and lunch at CHIK-FIL-A. Until tomorrow

No comments: