Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sunny Southern California

Well here I am today in beautiful Southern California. Got up at the crack of dawn to catch a flight to Houston, then on to Orange County International airport. A short 55 minute drive down I-5 and I was off and working. Auditing can be so invigorating.

So I finished the audit, got on the road and headed back up I-5 toward the airport...This is a short trip as I will be headed back home early tomorrow morning. Beautiful weather here in CA! I think the car said the outside temperature was a wonderful 75 F for the high!! Left Waco and it was 99F yesterday - I about died! So as I'm cruising up the interstate taking in the beautiful hills and mountains to my right and the wonderful ocean to my left I pull over to take some phoots and after rifling through my bag with cars WHIZZING by at super speed, I found to my dismay that I had left it at home...drats.

Got back up by the airport and had a difficult time trying to find the hotel so I called the front desk and got this very pleasant young man. We tried to communicate the directions back to one another, but I eventually spoke in Spanish to him and was able to understand him without the heavy accent. It truly is a blessing to be able to speak another language.

I have a wonderful dinner planed!! In-N-Out Burger!! Yippee - both Princess and I miss them so much from living in Vegas, and we haven't found a replacement for them in Waco. I have been naughty, rubbing and chiding Princess that I am eating In-N-Out and she isn't. Shame on me.

On the plane ride out, I did some work on the laptop, and then watched the movie "Walk the Line". Neither Princess and I are big fans of Country music, but I must confess that I absolutely loved it and it brought back memories of listening to Johnny Cash on LP's as a child. I think I will try and watch it again tomorrow just so I can get the whole thing from start to finish. I give it two thumbs Waaaaaay Up! If you haven't seen it, get out and rent it and have a wonderful evening (caution though, I think it is rated PG-13, so watch it after the little ones have gone to bed.

If you've seen the movie, I would love to hear your thoughts and critiques on the movie. Also, I am always up to seeing more movies and do take recommendations.

No comments: