Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sabbath Day

So it's Sunday afternoon. Princess and I have been to our 3 hour Church schedule (it is so nice to drive to the Chapel once instead of 3 times like I used to have to do when I was a kid). We had a new couple speak and their messages about marriage are timely and needed in our society today. The only problem was since we were in Houston last week, people seem to have the funny idea that we have abandoned the back pew we have been sitting on for over 4 years. Just means next week we will get there earlier and boot them out!

So I'm teaching about Joseph in the Old Testament and how he was sold into slavery, eluded Potipher's wife and I look up from putting a picture on the board and all the kids are making a funny/disgusting face. Seems they all knew what the scripture meant "to lie with" (heck when I was nine I didn't have a clue what that was). And when I got to the part about how Joseph had to flee and Potipher's wife grabbed his cloth and he fled naked there were grunts, and mutterings of disgust...kids now days really KNOW WAY TOO MUCH!!! What happened to their innocence? All in all, the class went well...teaching about making right choices to stay closer to Our Heavenly Father's Spirit to help guide us. Even with all the moaning, I'm pretty sure they got the message.

After Church, Princess and I made some lunch and I am currently checking work e-mails (yes while writing my blog!) and then I get to do the dreaded expense reports. Princess is ironing clothes for me...I'm going to Tennessee, Arkansas, Pan Handle of Texas, New Mexico and back home on Friday. Whew! Just typing it makes my tired. Since it is Sunday, that means our fav T.V. shows - Extreme Home Makeover, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy - Love-em!

I may not be able to blog during the week, but I will keep you posted on all the antics throughout my journeys

Jim

No comments: