Saturday, April 29, 2006

Memphis

So, it's Monday and I flew to Memphis, TN to meet up with one of my counterparts to do a "workwith/training" audit of a supplier in Northeastern Arkansas. I had to wait over three hours in Memphis (sitting in the airport, no internet connection, no restaurants to speak of) while I waited. Tried to do some work, but anyone who travels knows how impossible it is to balance your laptop on the luggage and type while trying to keep your papers from falling all over the place (no, there were no Presidents clubs for me to go into).

Frustrated, I stopped, began watching Walk the Line for the third time! I love this movie! I love the music! It helped take away my frustration over the wait. I got half way through it and had to stop as my co-worker arrived.

We drove into Arkansas, ate dinner at Ruby Tuesday, and had thunder, lightening, and lots of rain...Northeastern Arkansas in a Tornado watch...not really my idea of a great time, but...work is work. Rain and thunder all night, I slept like a log, but got up occasionally to check the news so that if I did have to evacuate, it wouldn't be in my underwear! The fun just never stops.

No comments: