Saturday, October 04, 2008

Travel

So this week, I was at the plant and also travelled.  I had to do an audit in a city called Rosario, in Sinaloa, Mexico.  Luckily for me, it the closest airport is Mazatlan!  Yes, lucky for me, I got to visist a resort city in Mexico and stay on the beach for one night.

After work, our contact brought us from Rosario to Mazatlan to our hotel, the Fiesta Inn.  Great hotel, I had an ocean view, at it was pretty inexpensive.  I tried to boot up and connect to the internet, but no such luck, so I changed into some shorts and took a bare foot walk up the beach, then down the beach, then I changed into my swim suit and walked up and down the beach again, this time getting wet (of course, I kept a t-shirt on - wouldn't want to wound the locals! :-)

Yesterday, my flight didn't leave until 1:00 PM, so I put on the suit, walked the beach, up and down, then ditched the shirt, and swam for about an hour in the warmest water in the world.   It was high tide, the waves were pretty big and this was a first time for a desert rat to be in the ocean past his knees (we went one time to San Clemente, but the water was FRIGID!).  So it was a fun experience, but you know what, I forgot the stickin camera at home!!!!  Who does that!  Any how, here is a link to the hotel and pictures including their pool.  Here is a picture of the beach I found on Yahoo search.

Anyhow - slept in today - ran errands - came home and mowed, but first tried to fix the mower rear wheel drive - couldn't, need a new part, but I didn't have a fit and break anything else - I must be maturing!

Have a great one - Jim





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous, except the work part. I've never been to Mexico. JCV

Bert said...

I'm so glad to hear that you kept your shirt on!! Too bad you forgot your camera and I'm glad that you had a great time for a work trip. I love you and miss you bro!
Your brother Bert