Thursday, October 09, 2008

In The Dark

I was keeping all of you dear readers in the dark about something.  That is until my sister Christina blew my cover with her comment.  Yes, tomorrow is my birthday.  Taking the day off - relaxing around the house and we have reservations at the RANGE restaurant in Salado for dinner.

Now - a funny anecdotal story about my Mom.  Since Princess and I have been married, and our birthdays are so close together, Mom always messed my birthday date up.  She got it off by one month, another time by a couple of days.  This does bring me to my story.

My Mom had written many important dates about her life, her parent's life, and the birth dates of her children.  Christina did the eulogy for Mom.  As she was talking about each child, starting with Audrey the oldest, she recited each birth date.  When she got to me, number three, Christina stated that I was born on October 12, 1964 - I had been zoning for a minute, missed it and when my vision came back into focus, all my siblings were staring at me, including Christina - then Rich said "Hey, you were born on the 10th, not the 12th, right?" and I said yes, and then we all started laughing.

So this year, being my first birthday without Mom here physically, when people say to me "Hey it's your birthday on Friday" or some such nonsense, I say back to them "nope, my Mom said I was born on the 12th, so it's gotta be Sunday just to mess with their heads"!  It's a riot. 

Thanks Mom, for another wonderful birthday tradition that I will smile about for the rest of my life.  I love you.

As for everyone else, wishing me a Happy Birthday, will get you kicked in your shins (just kidding)!  Have a great one.

Jim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww heck your work a kick in my shins..... HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM! xxoo bj

Christina Price said...

I love you Jim!! Hope you and Melanie had wonderful birthdays!!! Enjoy

Stamp With Linz said...

Bring it on! :)