Monday, October 06, 2008

A little Early

Tomorrow I will be headed out again - yes, the story of my life.  The sad fact is that I will not be here on Wednesday for a special event...Princesses Birthday.

Princess came into this world XX years ago ( I figured I would be safer not telling you the actual number of years), in a small strange part of the galaxy (Roswell, New Mexico).

Princess was and still is a military brat.  She has lived in New Mexico, Utah, Guam, Utah, Australia, Utah, then to Nevada.  While I am not in the military, she has had some opportunities to travel because of my job.  She has visited Hawaii, New Zealand, Washington, New York, New Jersey, Florida, and Michigan.

Princess is extremely talented, she cross stitches, she toll paints, and now she is into stamping and some scrap booking.  She cooks - and do I have the stomach and chins to show for it.  She is giving, more giving than anyone I know.  She is patient, kind, and thoughtful.  She can be strong and feisty when her back is up against a wall.  She loves beauty.  She loves music - although we don't always share the same music tastes, she loves it nonetheless.  She is a hopeless romantic.   She cries at movies, TV shows, and commercials.

She has unparalleled beauty.  Skin that just won't quit.  Gorgeous green eyes, and a talent for putting on makeup - trust me, 21 years I have been watching and it just amazes me.

She loves the Lord.  She loves her Church.  She has a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  She is a good Mom to our girls.  She is loving and tolerant of my rantings.  She loves to put on a party, to entertain and be surrounded by friends.

For all these reasons, and just one more, she chose me, I love her and wish her the Happiest Birthday of all.

All my Love Sweetheart - Jim

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Melanie!! I so love this blog!!! We miss you guys and wish you were here so we could all celebrate your birthday's together (Jim's is on Friday). Nevertheless, we will be there in heart and spirit. Love you both!!

Christy (Buffy)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Melanie... enjoy your special day! Sorry you couldn't be there to celebrate with her Jim..... xoxo to both!

Heather said...

Hi Jim--I came on here specifically to tell you to wish Melenie a HAPPY BIRTHDAY from the Edens...and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too in a couple of days!

Kari said...

Melanie--- Happy Birthday!! I'll join you in a month at the age of XX.
Love ya
Kari

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim and Melanie. Hope you both enjoyed your special days. Sounds like the dinner was wonderful! How lovely you got to spend some quiet time together!

Stamp With Linz said...

All great reasons to love Ms. Mellie!