Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Finale

Last night we had the viewing for Mom. She looked so beautiful. Her daughter and daughters-in-law, along with Mom's only surviving sibling, dressed and prepared her for the funeral. I was there too. I was there to fulfill a promise made to Mom 14 years earlier when my older sister had passed away. It was a blessing that I was there. After we finished dressing Mom, my sister, Christina, Princess, and Aunt Aurella set to task to apply her makeup. They did a great job, she looked so good - and I believe it was because they used her very own makeup and not the mortuaries product. Then Aunt Aurella did Mom's hair, just like Mom did in life. The flowers were beautiful and filled the room, it was amazing.

The three and a half hour viewing was great, so many faces I hadn't seen in a long time. Many remarked how beautiful and peaceful Mom looked, and I heartily agreed.

Today will mark the longest funeral in the history of mankind. Mom had mapped out her funeral, three musical numbers (us kids are doing two, the grandkids are doing one), four speakers (Christina, Russell, Bert, and me), two Bishop's from Hurricane are speaking, and then the final remarks by my cousin, the Bishop conducting. I'm taking snacks and a Big Gulp. I'm gonna need'em! And I'm bringing my stock in Kleenex with me. I'm a Big BOOB with capitol letters - and I'm a Mommas boy, so this is gonna be hard.

Thank you again for all your comments, your phone calls, your e-mails. I am thankful for my membership, testimony and faith. I know that Mom is in a better place. I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves us. I am thankful for His son, Jesus Christ, whose atoning sacrifice makes it possible for us to return to live in their presence. I am most grateful for Princess, a loving wife and best friend. Again, thanks for all your support and for your prayers. Keep them coming, I gonna need them today.

Jim

1 comment:

Stamp With Linz said...

You'll be terrific, best wishes in your performances today. :) Love you guys!