Friday, June 27, 2008

Peace

That is the great feeling I have in my heart.

At 3:20 AM this morning, Mom was released from her earthly cares. No more pain. No more sorrow. No more cancer. She is at peace. She is rejoicing with her Momma and Daddy, with Audrey, and with her sisters, Janice and Juanita. How grateful I am for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the plan of salvation, and the knowledge that this life is not just a speck of dust spinning and floating in space. That we have a purpose, and that we have something to look forward to.

Princess and I had a good visit with Dad, his sister Mary and her husband Ralph last night. Mom was peacefully breathing throughout our visit, but I had noticed a slight change in her, something wasn't the same. I remarked to Princess on our way out, that Mom had changed, and it would not be long before she left us. How grateful I am to have kissed her face, to have stroked her hair, and whispered "I Love You" before we left. The veil was thin, I know that is why she had changed, she was ready to go and they were waiting for us to leave.

My siblings and I gathered with my Father at her bedside this morning. We held her hands, and wet her face with our tears. There was great peace and serenity in her room. How thankful I am to a Loving Heavenly Father for such a Mother as I have had.

My Dad is doing well. We are keeping a close eye on him. He thinks we worry to much. This transition will be difficult, they were married for 47 years.

Thank you all so much for all the prayers that you have offered on our family's behalf. Thank you so much for your calls, e-mails, and comments.

Jim

13 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so sad for your loss, but it sounds like you and family are handling it with an eternal perspective in mind. She was a fortunate woman to be so loved.

Jeanette said...

My heart goes out to you. This peace will bless you all for ever.

Watts Family said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm sorry for your loss. My grandfather passed away last week and I've been thinking a lot about the same things you wrote about. It does help to know that we will see our family again.

Kari said...

We are saddened at your loss, grateful for your peace...

Rachel White said...

What a blessing that you were able to make this trip to say good-bye. We love you guys. If you need anything -- ANYTHING -- let us know.

Anonymous said...

Jim and Mel, I share your grief at your mother's passing and yet I rejoice knowing you will all meet again someday. What a joyous reunion she must have had with everyone this morning!! I am so glad you and Mel were able to get to Vegas one last time to visit with your Mom. I know this visit, coupled with the knowledge of a reunion will give you both much peace in the months to come. Please call if I can do anything for you. Love you both!

Stamp With Linz said...

Sending you our love...

Stamp With Linz said...

HELEN SMOOT PRICE Surrounded by her family, Helen Joy (Smoot) Price, 63, returned home to our Heavenly Father Friday, June 27, 2008, after a valiant battle with cancer. She was born Feb. 3, 1945, in Salina, Utah, and resided in Nevada for 50 years. Helen was extremely talented in many areas of arts and crafts and loved to cook, sew and being around her family. A lifelong member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She has 11 grandchildren and one great-grandchild. She worked for many years at Snavely & Golden as medical front office. She was preceded in death by her parents, RL and Helen Smoot; sisters, Juanita Westby and Janice Neilson; and daughter, Audrey K. (Price) Burns. Helen is survived by her husband, Richard G. Price, Sr.; sons, Richard G. Price Jr. (Dawn), James L. Price (Melanie), William "Bert" Price (Alisa) and Russell L. Price; and daughter, Christina J. Carter (Shane). Viewing will be 4:30-7 p.m. Tuesday, July 1, at Palm Mortuary, 800 S. Boulder Highway, Henderson. Viewing 10-10:45 a.m. Wednesday, July 2, with the funeral at 11 a.m., at LDS Desert Rose Chapel, 567 Pacific Drive, Henderson (Pacific/Horizon).

The Collingwood Family said...

I know you'll miss her . . . I'm glad you were able to be there. We'll keep your family in our prayers!

The Nielsens said...

My thoughts, prayers and love are with you all. I'm so thankful you were able to say goodbye. What a wonderful blessing!!!!

J & M Shumate Family said...

Dear Melanie & Jim-- I am so sorry for your loss, but it is a blessing that her battle is over and she is back with our Heavenly Father. I miss you guys sooo much! What wonderful people you are! HUGS!!! MaLaan

Wangsgaard said...

We are so sorry for your loss and will keep you in our prayers. We love and miss you both.

Leah said...

47 years. That is amazing.
Your words were truly beautiful. Thank you.

Know that we are thinking of both of you.