Friday, July 25, 2008

Normal?

Avoiding, that’s what I’ve been doing. Avoid blogging; avoid feeling, kind of like walking around in a daze.

I was in Chattanooga, TN this week, visiting our plant, meeting up with a gentleman that reports to me, making my presence known in the plant/office. The change did me good; it got me out of my funk. I got to see a little rain and that always perks my spirits up…guess its cause I was raised in the desert and rain came in huge waves, like August monsoon and February/March.

So, to mix things up a bit, I thought I would include some photos.


This is Sadie, begging for food from our table. Thanks to my lovely Princess and her Dad who taught Sadie that food from the table is mmmmhh good!


This is Sasha, looking for her Mama (Princess) and wondering why she was left alone!


This is my niece Mallory Kate! We took this while in Vegas and I bribed her with marshmallows to come sit with me and watch baby Einstein’s. She is full of energy and sometimes she is a little cuddly and she’ll give you hugs and smooches.


This is my family, taken after the Mom’s funeral. Back row (l to r) Bert (#5), Rich (oldest), Russell (youngest). Front row Christina (Buffy, also #4), Dad, Me (Skip – these were our nicknames for each other in high school #3) (not pictured Audrey #1 - deceased).




Taken 2 July 2008
Standing (l to r) Me, RL (Berts #2), Aunt Aurella (Mom's only surviving sister), BJ (Bert's #1), Bert, Russell, Justin (Christina's #1), Kelley (Bert's #3), Nichole (Rich's #1), Richard III (Rich's #2), Kyle (Christina's #2), Tanner (Christina's #3), Shane (Christina's hubby), Rich
Sitting (l to r) Princess (mine), Christina, Dad, Dawn (Rich's), Alisa holding Mallory (Bert's and Bert's #4).

Just a side note, Alisa was the only smart woman there, she had taken off her heels to feel more comfortable. Also, notice, my tie coordinates with Princesses dress!

I'm doing better each day - I still struggle with the "funk" now and then, but I took yesterday and today off to catch up on some things and just relax. As far as becoming normal - heck, it hasn't happened yet, so don't hold your breath!

Jim

1 comment:

Leah said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. I it's nice to see your family. Love the pictures of the girls too.

You and Melanie almost always match. Love it.

As far as being in a funk...I'm glad you came out of it. At least for now. I'm sure it is an every day choice and a hard one at that. But why is it that sometimes it doesn't even feel like a choice? We are just feeling one way or another. Hang in there. I'm thinking of you.